What’s New in ComponentOne Studio?
Written by GrapeCity
We’re pleased to announce a 3.5 interim release to follow up on our major release back in November. No major controls—that’s coming up in March—but you’ll find a some great samples and bug fixes. Here’s what’s new in ComponentOne Studio:
FlexReport for WinForms
Our new XmltoFlxrConverter sample will simplify the already-quick process of converting C1Report (.xml) files to FlexReport (.flxr) files. With the new utility, you won’t have to open your C1Report in the FlexReport Designer one at a time to migrate—you can run the sample, select your batch of XML files, set the output folder, and all selected reports will be converted to FlexReport!
- With our new PDF/A support, you can now:
- Export SSRS reports to PDF/A
- Export C1Report to PDF/A
- Set other PDF options on exporting SSRS reports
- FlexViewer’s new PageRefreshRate property can be set to load FlexReport faster than before.
- C1Report and FlexReport both now have new RightToLeft properties, allowing you to adjust the language orientation of the report.
FlexPivot for WinForms
- FlexPivot currently supports all data types, but only basic formatting. New custom formats will allow you to create richer formatting for data.
- Adding the list of values on the Filter tab in the Field Settings.
ASP.NET MVC Edition
FlexGridCustomMerging sample demonstrates how to implement a custom version of the built-in Merge Manager class that allows merging of both rows and columns. It uses a TV schedule to merge programs across weekdays (columns) and showtimes (rows).
New FlexChart Samples
- EditableAnnotation shows how to edit, add, delete and drag annotations with several shapes on FlexChart.
- MultiSelect demonstrates how to support the selection of multiple plot elements in the FlexChart. You can Ctrl+Click on plot elements or draw a rectangle on the chart’s plot area.
- AxisScrollBar displays an Axis Scrollbar so users can change the data range displayed on the chart.
Additions to MVC Explorer Sample
- Added Client Excel load and save
- Added PDF export
- Panning/Zooming sample
- Scaling sample
- PlotAreas sample
- Added scaling sample