Foxit: Designing Interactive PDF Forms From Scratch
Written by FoxitBlog
In the last FoxitBlog article, we covered how to create an interactive form using an already designed non-interactive one.
But suppose you want to create a brand new form from a blank page. And you want it to be an interactive form that users can fill out onscreen. And you want to go on a vacation to a tropical paradise. Well, Foxit PhantomPDF 6 can help you with the first two of these desires.
How To Create Forms From Scratch
- Create a blank PDF from FILE > Create > Blank.
- Open the blank page with Foxit PhantomPDF, and then add form fields.
- Add text before or after the form fields by choosing or the Typewriter Tool (see Chapter 7).
Also, PhantomPDF 6 offers a group of tools called Foxit Form Designer that you can use to create interactive forms from the ground up quickly and easily.
Foxit Form Designer Makes Creating Interactive PDF Forms a Snap
With Foxit Form Designer, you can add almost anything you can think of that an interactive form could need, using the following tools:
- Push Button creates an interactive form element to initiate predefined actions, such as opening a file, submitting data to a web server, or resetting a form. You can customize this button with images and text.
- Radio Button presents a group of choices from which the person completing your form can select only one.
- Check Box presents yes-or-no choices for individual items. If the form contains multiple check boxes, form fillers can select what they want.
- Combo Box lets the form filler choose an item from a pop-up menu or type in a value.
- List Box displays a list of options the form filler can select.
- Text Field lets the form filler type in text, such as name, address, phone number, etc.
- Signature Field creates a blank digital signature field for reviewers to sign the document.
Come to think of it, with all the timesaving possibilities this offers you, maybe we can help you get closer to that tropical vacation after all.
For more information about PhantomPDF, click here.